To explain in the simplest terms, Green building is environmentally-conscious construction and operation of a building structure. And for many good reasons, green building is becoming increasingly common. With the shift in mind-sets today the idea of promoting sustainability and green building concepts have taken a front foot in the Real Estate industry. And as different stakeholders look for the opportunity to become more involved with promoting these concepts, several green building technologies have been developed to pave the way and ease the process for long-term practices in green and sustainable construction. But what is green building technology? Let’s understand it.
What Is Green Building Technology?
A Green building is nothing more than a building which is built using reusable materials and other materials which make the building efficient and environmentally friendly. And Green building technology typically covers everything from geothermal heating to energy-efficient appliances.
Why Do We Need Green Building Technologies?
We are a country of 1.2 Billion People and counting …
- 31% percent of Indian population lives in Urban Areas
- 700% increase in commercial energy consumption in the last four decades and the numbers are growing ….
- Energy consumption in India will touch 4 trillion units by 2030
- There is a shortage of average 225 million litre water per day in major Indian Cities, and an alarming 21 Indian cities are estimated to run out of water by 2030
- Protecting Occupant Health
- Improving Employee Productivity
- Conservation Of Energy, Water, And Other Fast Depleting Resources
- Reduce The Use Of Energy, Water, And Other Fast Depleting Resources
- Lower Carbon Footprint
- Reducing The Overall Impact To The Environment
- Better Indoor Air
Startling facts, aren’t they? Well, undoubtedly, Green Building Construction presents one big solution to this unsustainable growth. By now we all know, a green building is a structure which is designed, built, renovated, operated, or reused in an environmentally friendly and resource-efficient manner. In addition to that, these buildings are designed to meet certain critical objectives like:
Green building technology can really help in achieving these objectives in an efficient manner.